Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm back!!

It has been absolutely forever since I have posted to my studio blog. Truth is that working as a manager in retail and doing web design and animal care at a farm keeps me very busy. Unhappy with how things are going in retail I made the decision in october to go to part time and step down as a manager. As of January 1st, I will be spending more time at the farm and....more time in the studio, which I am very excited about.

I will be working mostly on custom plastics on Maureen Love molds as these models very much inspire me to do my best work. I also want to keep any models I offer in the affordable range with the economy. This does not by any means mean that it will be lousy work. Just my work on less expensive, but still desired bodies.

I did paint a few models this year. My most recent models below.

This was a Chickory I finished recently. he is for my personal collection. His name is Chico.


I also recently finished a cold painted Hagen Renaker Maydee custom which is for sale on the MH$P



Many more pictures can be seen of her in her photobucket album.

I bought this body at Breyerfest in 2008 and prepped him and painted him over the winter and early spring. This is "Skipper's Mirror Image" who is loosely based off of Skipper W a foundation QH Stallion.



Skipper's Mirror Image did well this year showing and picked up 3 NAN cards and was Region X Regionals 2009 Custom Breed Stakes 1 Breed Champion. He also picked up a top 5.



This year I also painted a Love SM Arabian stallion. This is "Sheikra" Also for my own showstring. He received 3 NAN cards this year and a top 5 at Random Mini Show



Earlier in the year I also decided to try my hand at painting some Safari horses that I purchased at work. Below are Achton (Jutland Stallion) and Bromwell (Suffolk Punch) who did fairly well in the showring this year.



Achton earned 4 NAN cards this year and a top 10 at NEMHC.


Bromwell earned 5 NAN cards this year, a top 5 in workmanship at Random Mini Show and a top 10 in breed at NEMHC.

Stay tuned and follow this blog for progress of new models in the new year!

No comments: